BOSS HUNTING ACTION RPG ‘BOUND BY BLADES’ KICKSTARTER UNDERWAY
Indie developer Justin “Zeth” Thompson is excited to announce a Kickstarter campaign is now underway to help fund the development of Bound By Blades — a four square, boss hunting action-RPG scheduled to launch in 2022.
In Bound By Blades, the desolate land of Ashmyr has become overwhelmed by bloodthirsty beasts. Scavenge materials, forge gear, and fortify yourself to confront the ferocious foes that lie ahead in order to rekindle the last hopes of life.
In-between battles talk with the NPCs in town to gain insight on where the Ilcyon came from and the stories of each one. Gain knowledge from the village elder, Eldros, as he helps give tips on tackling each battle. And learn the lore of stories told within the world from Finny, the “magical and real heroine” of Bound By Blades.
1.0 Features Will Include:
- Select from 3 unique characters with their own combat styles to start your journey
- Cooperative boss hunting gameplay from the core 10 unique Ilcyon to their vicious variations that will challenge you with their new abilities
- Join with a friend in 2 Player co-op or play solo with their character’s assistance as an AI.
- End Game Dungeon System combining an FTL/Slay the Spire style map with a Diablo 3-esque Greater Rifts progression system for large amounts of replayability
- Craft new equipment and upgrade it to overpower your foes
- Choose your unique runes that suit your playstyle, strengthen your offense or bolster your defenses
- Learn the lore of the lands of Ashmyr and tips through various NPCs in town
- Hatch and raise battle brood pets and bring them into battle to assist you
- Harvest materials and interact with your pets in Dreamland
Bound By Blades is made for players of all calibers and is meant to allow any adventurer to embark on this challenging journey. The combat system is vast in allowing a variety of attacks, such as: Quick Attacks, Charge Attacks, Combos and Unique Combo Finishers. The monsters have their own arsenal of attacks, so you’ll need to survive too. You’ll need to master Blocking, Dodging, Running and Healing using potions in the midst of battle. The simplicity of Bound By Blades opening gameplay allows anyone to enjoy it, but it opens itself to a wide dynamic of gameplay and challenges through the bosses’ abilities and the necessity to master your own.
Bound By Blades is currently in development for Windows PC, iOS, and Android — with a Nintendo Switch release planned to follow the initial launch platforms.