Tiny Rebel Games Announces Full Launch of Doctor Who Infinity
Doctor Who Infinity, the follow up to the fan favourite Doctor Who: Legacy video game by Tiny Rebel Games, which soft launched in late 2018, has gone live as a full, 5- story release today for mobile devices, PC, and Mac. The game brings the world of the Doctor to life with brand new, stand-alone, comic-book style interactive audio adventures. Players can now delve into all five episodes including The Silent Streets of Barry Island, The Horror of Flat Holm, The Dalek Invasion of Time, The Orphans of the Poloypotra, and The Lady of the Lake.
Each of the stories in Doctor Who Infinity was created as a collaboration between Tiny Rebel Games and Seed Studio; they include an incredible roster of primarily Wales-based artists and writers and each features narration and dialogue from well-known British actors.
Doctor Who Infinity episodes include:
- The Horror of Flat Holm: One of the new stories, this was written by the multi-talented Mike Collins, drawn by Patrick Goddard, and colored by John-Paul Bove. It is an epic U.N.I.T. Cyberman story told in several time periods with the Fourth Doctor joined by Captain Mike Yates (voiced by Richard Franklin) and with modern day Osgood (voiced by Ingrid Oliver) and Kate Stewart. The cast will be joined by a Cyberman (voiced by Nick Briggs).
- The Silent Streets of Barry Island: Another new adventure, this was written by Jacqueline Rayner, drawn by Emma Vieceli and colored by Kris Carter. It features the Eleventh Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams in mods-n-rockers era Barry Island. It’s a summertime love story in an unseasonably snowy Barry Island which is plagued by mysterious, gruesome deaths and disappearances. They’ve arrived for a planned holiday but quickly have to ditch the beach gear and blend in with the locals. Their guide is Ted, a down-on-his-luck fish ‘n’ chip shop owner, voiced by Steffan Rhodri. Look for a startling reveal for Doctor Who fans!
- The Dalek Invasion of Time: The first story to be released was written by George Mann, the critically-acclaimed author and screenwriter, including many Doctor Who stories; drawn by acclaimed artist and writer Mike Collins, known worldwide for his history of work with Doctor Who and other major comic properties; and colored by Kris Carter, who has a long history of working on brands such as Doctor Who, Torchwood and Shrek, among many others. The game is narrated by actors Michelle Gomez, who reprises her TV series role as Missy; Ingrid Oliver, who reprises her TV series role as Osgood; and Bella Ramsey, who voices new villain Freya in the game.
- The Orphans of the Polyoptra: This adventure was written by Gary Russell, which he has stated is his final Doctor Who story. He is well-known as a writer of Doctor Who novels producer and writer of Doctor Who audio dramas for Big Finish productions, formerly a Script Editor for Doctor Who, Sarah Jane Adventures, Torchwood and was formerly Editor of Doctor Who Magazine. The game’s art has been drawn by David Roach, noted inker of comic strips for Doctor Who Magazine; and also colored by Dylan Teague. The story is narrated by actor Katy Manning, who returns as Jo Grant, her role from the Doctor Who TV series, and also voices the enemy.
- The Lady of the Lake: This story was written by Scott Handcock, author of many Doctor Who audio dramas and short stories; drawn by Neil Edwards, noted comic book artist whose work includes Marvel, DC, Doctor Who, Titan Comics and many others; and colored by John-Paul Bove, known for his colorist work on G.I. Joe, Doctor Who, Transformers; and Dylan Teague, known for his work as a comics artist and colorist for Doctor Who Magazine, DC Comics. The story is being narrated by Celyn Jones as Geraint, a critically acclaimed and award-winning actor and screenwriter, who is known for films such as Set Fire to the Stars and Submergence and the TV series Joe. Other voices featured include Katy Manning as Delyth and Marilyn Le Conte as the eponymous “Lady of the Lake”.
Doctor Who Infinity is being published and developed by Tiny Rebel Games in collaboration with Seed Studio, and is under official license from BBC Studios. The new game was funded as a joint effort between the Welsh Government’s Media Investment Budget and British game publisher/developer Double Eleven Limited.
The game is available on the App Store, Google Play, Steam, Humble Bundle, and Green Man Gaming.