Fight Through the Hordes of the Alien Armada in Classic SHMUP Gameplay While Using Your Wit and Puzzle Solving Skills to Stop the Deadly Bitwall on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
Greetings, Starfighter! Today, the team at independent game development studio, Puny Human, invites you to hop into the pilot’s seat and save the universe in Galacide, now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch! Galacide takes the bullet-hell hair-trigger intensity of a SHMUP game and combines it with the quick-thinking puzzle-solving fun of a match-3 title! Players need to deke, dodge, and destroy the enemy spacecraft and use the pieces of colored scrap they drop to stop the ever-advancing Bitwall before it reaches Earth and destroys us all! Currently enjoying a “positive” rating on Steam, players can now hop into the action on the console of their choice — alone, or with a team for co-op madness!
“We’re beyond pleased to finally put Galacide in the hands of PlayStation, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch owners,” said Michael Sanders, Studio Director at Puny Human. “It’s had a great reception on Steam and we can’t wait for console players to jump into the action.”
Save the universe —your way! Galacide features a variety of different game modes to keep the action going after you saved the universe in the Campaign mode. For starfighters that truly want to push their skills to the limit, Endless Mode pushes players through a relentless onslaught to see how long they can last! For the intellectually proficient pacifists out there, Puzzle Play does away with the distractions of enemy fire and challenges them with progressively more difficult scenarios.
- Battle Against Incredible Odds: Galacide challenges players with fast, tightly controlled combat against a swarm of antagonistic enemy spacecraft.
- A Ship for Every Season: Take control of the “everyman’s” Mining Ship, the “brick sh**house” Freighter, the “kitted-out for combat” Military Ship, or the speedy and experimental Phase Ship for the style that suits you best.
- Lone Wolf or Part of a Pack: The fate of the universe doesn’t have to rest on one set of shoulders. Get your friends in on the action with up to four players in local or online co-op.
- A Trigger Finger and a Big Brain: Not only will would-be fighter pilots need lightning-fast reflexes and snapshot aim, they’ll also need to use their intellect to solve puzzles while dodging enemy fire.
- On the Couch or On the Go: Launching across all platforms means players can enjoy Galacide in the comfort of their living rooms or during a long commute.