Firefly Studios reveals new gunpowder units, siege weapons, and resource chains
- Stronghold: Warlords is the upcoming RTS in Firefly’s classic ‘castle sim’ series
- Developed by Firefly Studios, Stronghold has over 7 million players worldwide
- Command and upgrade AI warlords across the battlefield as you build a castle economy
- Experiment with new gunpowder-fuelled siege engines, units and castle defences
- Sign up for the playable alpha demo for an exclusive first look!
Firefly Studios has released new gameplay footage ofStronghold: Warlords, the latest ‘castle sim’ in their historical RTS series. Introducing gunpowder to the series for the first time, Warlords features historical weaponry, gameplay, and resources true to the history of the famous black powder:
Announced at E3 2019, Stronghold: Warlords will be the first entry in the medieval RTS series to add explosives as a tool for your besieging toolbox. Due for release on PC, Warlords will build on classic Stronghold mechanics like fire and pitch by featuring the most disruptive weapon in the history of warfare, gunpowder! Bringing an end to traditional siege warfare the introduction of bombs, mortars, fire-lances, and even early day rocket launchers shook the foundations of castles and transformed the world.
Available at launch as part of the main single player campaign, multiplayer, skirmish and free build modes, gunpowder will feature heavily in the main narrative and multiplayer experience of Stronghold: Warlords. Players will be able to time explosions with gunpowder trails, blast troops off walls with new knockback mechanics, send suicidal fire oxen into attacking hordes and much more when the game launches next year.
Scheduled for release on PC in 2020, players can find out more about Stronghold: Warlords by visiting the game’s official website: