Sole Survivor Games’ debut title invites players to be the architect of their very own cult, managing everything from the leader’s unchecked ego to the location of the lavatories.
Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have today announced that groovy cult management sim Honey, I Joined a Cult, will be ascending out of Steam Early Access and into version 1.0 on 3rd November. Inviting players to cultivate their very own following, Honey, I Joined a Cult places players as the tycoon of their own cult. Design everything from the ground up, from the deity followers worship, to the location of the discombobulator – everything is in the player’s hands. Designing the cult’s base is but the first step to divinity; players will also need to balance the books with a host of dubious and expensive therapies for their followers. Law enforcement, government agencies, and angry protesters will also need their meddling mitigated, and the leader’s ever-growing ego kept in check.
During Steam Early Access, Honey, I Joined a Cult has launched three major content updates, expanding the variety of cults and game mechanics. Most recently, the Peace & Love update introduced six new themed rooms, two brand new endings to explore, new outfits, and a rework of the tutorial and prestige system. In March 2022, the Futurist Update took Honey I Joined a Cult to the final frontier, introducing new themed rooms, special characters and missions, new items, and updates to the Divine Inspiration and Research Tech trees. Full details for all Honey I Joined a Cult updates can be found on Steam.
With just over a month until full launch, the final roadmap for Honey, I Joined a Cult has been revealed:
Honey, I Joined A Cult key features:
- Exploit your followers: Strange and exciting quack therapies offer great opportunities to extract cash from the gullible.
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists to maintain the organisation’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow your money and influence.
- Build ‘freaky deaky’ bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno-chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms.
- Branch out into the community: Send minions out to spread the good word, or just get them to steal fancy items for your cult HQ.
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from law enforcement, oppressive government bodies, and misinformed protesters.
- Get down with deities: Choose where your cult’s heading – world peace or the second coming of the Squid Lord?
Would be cult leaders can purchase Honey, I Joined a Cult on Steam right now for $21.99 / €21.99 / £17.49