The time has come to move out; grab a friend (or three) and try not to
break – all – of the valuables.
Team17 has announced that Moving Out, the couch moving, couch co-operative game from SMG Studio and DevM Games, has launched today on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Players can work solo or with up to three friends in this fast-paced, local multiplayer, removals simulator set across the colourful town of Packmore, as they try to efficiently and creatively move furniture from point A to B.
More than 50 levels from condos, factories, planes, and even haunted houses await newly trained Furniture Arrangement and Relocation Technicians (F.A.R.Ts) as they’re tasked with packing up everything but the kitchen sink. For those looking for an internship in furniture relocation before making the move full time, a Moving Out demo is also available across all platforms.
- Couch co-op: Players can either take on Moving Out solo or enlist the help of up to three friends in local multiplayer co-operative gameplay, as they figure out how to get items into the removals van in the quickest way possible!
- Location, location, location: No move is too big, too small, or too weird. Work through sleepy suburbs, frenzied farms, haunted houses and even head into space to keep customers happy!
- Physics: Need to get a large item of furniture down some steps? Gravity is a F.A.R.T’s best friend. Glass door in the way? Smash right through it. Throwing things over railings will always be quicker than carrying them the long way around.
- Character customisation: Choose from a roster of movers from humans to anthropomorphic animals and appliances that can be tailored to suit the job at hand.
- Assist mode: Increased time limits, skippable levels and removal of dangers are just some of the options available in assist mode
- Accessibility options: Dyslexia-friendly text, scalable user interface, and remappable keyboard controls on Steam make the Moving Out experience as inclusive as possible
Ashley Ringrose, Chief Executive Officer, SMG studio, said:
“Moving Out has been a really fun title for the SMG Studio and DevM Games teams to develop. We’ve already seen the tremendous excitement and fun it’s brought people at consumer shows and through the demo, so it’s fantastic to be able to deliver the full game today. I can’t wait for people to experience the town of Packmore as they progress with their careers and become F.A.R.T. experts.”
Max Everingham, Head of Publishing, Team17, said:
“We’re so happy to deliver such a fantastic and fun game like Moving Out to PC and console gamers everywhere. Team17’s portfolio of fun and creative indie titles with a strong sense of spirit and character, continues to be strengthened with games like Moving Out, and we’re really pleased with the collaborative efforts achieved between the companies to deliver a fantastic title.”
Moving Out is available digitally on all platforms for $24.99/£19.99/€24.99 (€22.99 on Steam) and as a physical edition on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at selected retailers.