‘PLANETARY ASSAULT’ UPDATE FOR EARLY ACCESS TITLE, STARPOINT GEMINI WARLORDS, AVAILABLE NOW ON STEAM
Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Little Green Men Games have released a brand-new update today for their epic space simulation PC title Starpoint Gemini Warlords. Many community requested features have been implemented in this aptly named ‘Planetary Assault’ update and players can now board and capture ships, take over space stations and attack and take over 15 planets. This update and its massive improvements is the last update before the game moves into Beta stage. A special trailer, showing the key features of this update can be seen HERE.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords will launch out of Early Access in Q2-2017 and is available for $24.99 via Steam. As a special celebration of today’s ‘Planetary Assault’ update, starting on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10AM PDT, Starpoint Gemini Warlords will be on sale for 25% off as a Steam Weeklong deal.
Available now in the ‘Planetary Assault’ update are the following new features:
- Planetary Assault – Players can now attack and take over 15 planets (not counting Phaeneros), all waiting for you to rule with an iron fist. There’s also a new battleship class to construct, and a whole new Tech group to research and develop. This update lays the groundwork for even more sophisticated updates, currently in the pipeline
- Taking over stations – If you can conquer planets, why wouldn’t you do the same with stations? Well, now you can! No more unconquerable territory in Gemini. It is all up for grabs!
- Boarding and Capturing Ships – Nothing is off limits as players can now board and capture other ships to keep for themselves, sell off, scuttle for materials, reverse engineer or even pass the ship to aiding war fleets. Related research techs and perks accompany this update
- Updated Context Menu – For those who have been asking, the long awaited paused game while on context feature is gone (unless you like it, in which case, you can toggle it on…)
- Various Bug Fixes – Little Green Men Games has been hard at work, making vast improvements to the game before its full release later this year
For the complete changelog of the ‘Planetary Assault’ update for Starpoint Gemini Warlords, please visit the official Steam announcement: http://steamcommunity.com/games/419480/announcements/detail/563353721557293614
For more information, please visit the official Starpoint Gemini Warlords Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/419480/
ABOUT STARPOINT GEMINI WARLORDS
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is a unique blend of space sim, RPG and 4X games focused on larger ships, ranging from gunships to carriers. Command your starship, send your war fleets into enemy territory, lead your heroic companions into battle, build up your stronghold, trade, mine, salvage and remind your enemies why they fear you.
ABOUT LITTLE GREEN MEN (LGM) GAMES
LGM Games is a growing team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists and animators, all sharing the same passion for video games. Our mission is to create new worlds and adventures, with players – for players. LGM Games stands behind the successful Starpoint Gemini series, from our debut title in 2011 to the 2014 sequel, along with countless expansions. LGM’s vision of space-flavored RPG simulation games continues to evolve and grow, with many more exciting elements to be revealed in the future. To learn more about Little Green Men Games, visit: http://www.inter-corona.com.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years, including Killing Floor 2, Endless Space, Endless Legend, StarDrive 2 and Starpoint Gemini 2, the company has an exceptional line-up, including Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Oriental Empires, Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Dawn of Andromeda, Empathy and Conarium– with further promising games in the pipeline.