Atypical Games Brings Hit Survival Adventure Game Radiation Island to Nintendo Switch
Atypical Games, the Apple Design Award-winning creators of the visually-stunning Sky Gamblers series and Battle Supremacy, announced today that their hit action survival game Radiation Island is now available on Nintendo Switch. Radiation Island leaves players stranded in an alternate reality after an experiment goes horribly wrong and now they must fight for survival on a hostile island. Uncover the mysteries of Radiation Island on the Nintendo eShop for $9.99.
See the horrors that await players on Radiation Island in the trailer:
Atypical Games leverages their experience in building gorgeous open world games on mobile devices to create an immersive experience for Radiation Island on the Nintendo Switch. Featuring improved graphics, physically-based rendering, high resolution textures, and improved lighting with dynamic shadows, the Nintendo Switch offers the best way to experience Radiation Island. Players can even utilize the Switch’s touchscreen to manage their inventory and interact with the interface.
In Radiation Island players must scavenge for food, gather resources, and find firearms to survive a massive environment filled with radiation, anomalies, harsh weather, and radioactively-mutated zombies. Being properly equipped is critical to survival, so players must make sure they have the right tools to explore each area by crafting more than 100 unique items. The island is shrouded in mystery, and any hope of returning to the real world requires quick wits and crafty resourcefulness to unlock its hidden secrets.
- Explore vast forests inhabited by dangerous wolves, bears, and mountain lions, and investigate abandoned villages and old military compounds where zombies guard vital tools necessary for survival.
- Mine for resources to craft weapons, tools, and basic vehicles.
- Build small households or construct complex labyrinths with a plethora of craftable building components.
- Hunt wild animals, fish, or gather fruits to overcome hunger. Swim and dive, but avoid hungry crocodiles!
- Survive the full day-night cycle by facing the dangers of darkness and cold.
“We knew when we created Radiation Island that it was meant for a home console. With the portability of the Nintendo Switch, fans of the game can have the best of both worlds,” Andrei Lopata, CEO of Atypical Games, said. “We always hold our games to incredibly high standards, and the Nintendo Switch lets us exceed our own expectations while still letting us create a full-fledged experience gamers can take with them on the go.”
Radiation Island previously launched on mobile devices in where it won an Editor’s Choice award from both Apple and Google. The game was later published on the Mac App Store, NVIDIA Shield TV, and Steam where it has been well-received by fans and critics.
To find out more about Radiation Island and Atypical Games, please visit:
- Official website: www.atypicalgames.com
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/atypicalgames
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/atypicalgames
- Radiation Island’s official website: http://www.atypicalgames.com/radiationisland/