Create your own maps and missions with SpellForce 3’s modding tools
he critically acclaimed RTS/RPG SpellForce 3 gets a new, powerful map editor today. Players can not only create maps with the same tools as the development team, they can also use an extensive scripting tool to create their very own missions and custom maps, with unique rule-sets. You want to set up a MOBA-kind-of-map, where you only command heroes, while automated armies fight each other? Or do you prefer a Horde mode, fighting ever stronger waves of enemies?
This is the first step of the modding implementation for SpellForce 3. The map- and scripting editor will come with a detailed tutorial and glossary, to make the modding opportunities as accessible as possible to everyone. The modding tools are available now and can be downloaded directly via steam. Of course they are free for all owners of SpellForce 3.
About SpellForce 3
SpellForce 3 returns to the roots of the SpellForce saga. Taking place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn, players will unravel a deep and epic story in the SpellForce universe with over 30 hours of a single-player campaign, that is also playable in Coop. Additional multiplayer modes offer competitive battles for up to six players. Create your own heroes, develop your skillset and build your own army to fight in legendary battles with gameplay that expertly blends the RTS and top-down RPG genres together.
SpellForce 3 is out now on Windows-PC and will be available with English and German Voice Over plus full text localization in French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian and Simplified Chinese. For more information, please visit the official website, like the game on Facebook or follow THQ Nordic on Twitter.
About SpellForce 3:
- RTS/RPG mix: unique gameplay that combines the genre of a real-time strategy and a top-down roleplay game.
- Create and customise: create your group of heroes and choose a number of different combos with a range of skill structures.
- Boost and command your army: Prepare your troops and fight the greatest of all battles. You can also exploit numerous strategic aspects (e.g. terrain, troop formations, visibility, exploration, etc.), that would make Sun Tzu proud!
- Epic storyline: Unravel a deep and complex plot that eventually leads up to the events that trigger the Convocation ritual, which will change the whole world.
- Extensive universe and lots of loot: Explore the world of Eo, discover intrigues and secrets and collect a whole load of loot for your hero.
- Complex single-player campaign: Over 30 hours of gameplay time, and even more if you’re able to discover everything Grimlore Games has incorporated into the game world.
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes – play in versus battles with up to 6 Players or master the single-player campaign with a friend in coop mode