STORIES UNTOLD offers up ‘THE HOUSE ABANDON’ demo and 25% off all weekend
Independent developer No Code and easily scared game label Devolver Digital have released a free demo for the critically acclaimed Stories Untold. The demo contains the first chapter of Stories Untold, The House Abandon, and curious players that brave the demo can get the full game with a 25% off discount all weekend.
“Normally I despise giving the filthy, unwashed masses of gamers even one iota of sweet game content for free,” noted Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. “However, even this little bit of Stories Untold will scare the Mountain Dew filled piss out of everyone and they’ll all come crawling back with money in hand for more Stories Untold.”
Stories Untold is a compilation tape of four experimental text adventures, including a remaster of the original episode The House Abandon.
“Stories Untold” is a narrative-driven experimental adventure game, that bends the genre into something completely unique. Combining a mix of classic text-adventure, point-and-click and more, 4 short stories are packaged together into a single mysterious anthology that has been described as “a fantastic, fascinating example of interactive visual storytelling” (Telegraph 5/5) and earning widespread critical acclaim since release.
The game pulls together 80s retro nostalgia, innovative and experimental genre-defying gameplay, and tense, phycological horror to create “one of the most fascinating and unique tales you can play this year” (GameSpew 9/10).
The first Episode “The House Abandon” is now available for free via a demo, to give you a glimpse of what is in store in the full game.
“Stories Untold” was developed by No Code, a Glasgow based ex-AAA development team headed up by Jon McKellan (Alien: Isolation) and Omar Khan.
– Four unique stories, with their own settings, gameplay and mechanics.
– Play mind-bending text adventures, process radio transmissions and conduct experiments on bizarre artifacts
– Gorgeous retro-aesthetic brings back vivid memories, or a glimpse into what was.
– Sublime synth-wave horror soundtrack, inspired by 80s horror soundtracks.
– Achievements to unlock, and narrative secrets to discover
– Genre-hopping: from psychological horror, to tense mystery and terrifying sci-fi; Stories Untold is truly “4 stories, 1 nightmare”.