Launches with limited time discount on PlayStation Store.
Xbox version available to pre-order now
PS4 players will be able to download Valfaris, the heavy metal action-platformer, from the PlayStation Store starting today in North America, and tomorrow (6 November) in Europe. Valfaris is priced $24.99, and will be available to purchase with a 10% launch discount for a limited time.
The Xbox One version launches next Friday, 15 November, and is available to pre-order now from the Xbox Store with a 10% discount.
Valfaris has already launched to critical acclaim on Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam, GOG, Humble). Vice Waypoint described it as “The badass baby of Iron Maiden and Contra,” while Hardcore Gamer summarised it as “Exactly what we dreamed 16-bit gaming would grow into back in the day.”
The PC version of Valfaris currently has a Metacritic rating of 88, which puts it in the top 10 PC games of 2019. The Switch version currently has a Metacritic rating of 80.
The launch of Valfaris on all platforms will be followed by the release of a New Game+ mode called ‘Full Metal Mode’. Developer Steel Mantis is currently working on the mode and it will be released as a free update across all versions at a still-to-be-confirmed date.
Full Metal Mode will unlock upon completion of the game, or will be unlocked straight away when installed if a ‘Game Clear’ file is present. Here’s a brief summary of Full Metal Mode:
- All weapons, upgrades, and upgrade items will be carried over
- Enemies and bosses will be more aggressive
- Player will take more damage
- Players will have access to an additional Destroyer class weapon
We’ll share more details of Full Metal Mode soon.
|About the game|
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell