5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BUYING A Smart TV
Authored by : Mr. Saurabh Kabra, Director – Business Operations India, Truvison.
Our ever-evolving civilization is ingrained with innovation and technology and this spells obvious implications for our lifestyle. We find ourselves increasingly dependent on our gadgets, it is hence a necessity to have a fair understanding of the working and features of these devices.One of the most widely used gadgets after mobiles & laptops is the TV. It is undeniably the most used electronic for entertainment. But beneath all the fancy jargon and acronyms, how much do we actually know about them?
Our lack of TV knowhow can pose as a problem while picking a TV. We will save you turmoil of comparing a million screens and list the features you need for an optimized experience.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Smart TV Technology – Buying a smart TV is a sure shot at having a future proof TV.But one of the many mind blowing feature that these TVs offer is that they come with a feature to broadcasting photos, videos, movies, music and other media from your mobile or PC to your TV. This need not be a painstaking process, fraught with wires and USBs. This screen-mirroring technology lets you seamlessly broadcast anything from an Android device or computer onto your TV. If everything syncs up accurately and there’s almost no lag, it becomes ideal for watching videos or using productivity software. So enjoy, connect and share with your TVs through Miracast.
- Full HD –Full HDTV, 1080p – a TV of this era is sheer to employ the best possible screen technology. For an experience from the future, choose a TV designed for better picture clarity, depth and sharpness. An ideal Full High Definition TV (Full HD) can provide an image resolution of up to 1920×1080pixels which can augment your entire visual experience with the perfect combination of Color, Contrast & Clarity.
- Energy Saving –With newly emerging technology, there is also ramifications on the planet. Thus, TVs incorporate a feature that inflicts lesser damage on the planet. This feature adjusts the brightness to save power when a bright screen is not required. It also includes a backlight control for adjusting brightness, a screen off function that turns the picture off for playing audio-only, and a standby mode zero function which allows the TV to effectively hibernate, using absolutely no electricity.
- Clear, Crisp Sound Technology – Great visual coupled withfantastic sound spells jackpot for you. Clear Voice 2 technology gives you exactly that! It gives you the best experience when it comes to audio on TV by amplifying foreground sound up to 6 times more;while maintaining sound clarity even with increased background noise. Surround Sound is another feature that is widespread and which will make your audio more realistic. It gives a crisp, rich quality sound. With a world class co-ordination between visual & audio, be prepared to be captivated by this magical experience.
- Color reproduction and depth–High Dynamic Range is the newest feature being incorporated into TVs, promises an astounding picture and colour quality that makes your picture pop. This feature has the ability to deliver more colors, more contrast levels and increased brightness.Improved color is the next frontier and TV companies are now inclined towards offering better colour than better pixels.So, these are a few things to know that will make you a salesman’s worst nightmare. Its time to bring home the complete TV experience!
Mr. Saurabh Kabra, Director – Business Operations India, Truvison.