Defend earth anytime, anyplace with the sci-fi-inspired 2D shoot ‘em up
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s… an alien spacecraft! Assemble Entertainment and China-based publishing partner WhisperGames, Brazilian film company Fehorama Filmes, and developer Loomiarts are thrilled to announce that the 1950s sci-fi-inspired, fast-paced 2D shooter Squad 51 vs. the Flying Saucers, is available today for Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo Store for £15.49/ €16.79. Grab your joy-cons, buckle up, and join the rebel assault to defend the earth from the alien invasion.
About Squad 51 vs. the Flying Saucers
Warning! Extraterrestrials from outer space have arrived on our planet, bringing promises of a bright new future for the earthlings. However, this otherworldly partnership soon reveals a darker side as the VEGA Corporation, the alien enterprise led by the hideous Director Zarog, is imposing its predatory politics on the human race. In the midst of this oppression, the rebel group Squad 51 rises as a response against the violent acts committed by these vile beings. Will the brave pilots of Squad 51 and their aircraft stand a chance against Zarog’s diabolic fleet of flying saucers?
Key Features Include:
- SHMUP Yeah!: Enjoy classic shoot-’em-up gameplay with four unique aircraft that can be customized with special weapons
- Cinematic Experience: Marvelous black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences, and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between Squad 51 and Director Zarog’s alien fleet
- 11 Ways to Save the World: Fight against enemy ships and bosses in 11 different environments – snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and more
- Rookie Pilots Supported: Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran flying ace, Squad 51 vs. the Flying Saucers supports dynamic difficulty that allows every pilot to enjoy the alien extermination
- Ducks Fly Together!: Fighting an alien horde is more fun with a squadmate! A second player can enter a level at any time — earn points with a co-op player and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades
Squad 51 vs. the Flying Saucers is out today for Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo Store for £15.49/ €16.79. The PC version is also available via Steam for £15.49 / €16.79 and will follow on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year.
Steam Page Launches for Inescapable: No Rules, No Rescue