Check out the announcement teaser and the retail Switch ‘odditions’!
Today, Microids and Oddworld Inhabitants are pleased to reveal that action-adventure platformer Oddworld: Soulstorm is coming to Nintendo Switch this Fall. This Nintendo Switch version will include all previously released updates that have dramatically improved the game ever since its original launch in 2021, including various fixes, enhancements of gameplay mechanics and motion code, audio balance improvements, additional overall polish, and improved Slig and follower AI. The game is already available on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One consoles and Xbox Series X|S.
The Nintendo Switch retail versions for the Collector’s and Day One Odditions of Oddworld: Soulstorm are already available for pre-order. Fans who pre-order the Day One Oddition or the Collector’s Oddition at participating retailers will also get access to the game’s Original Soundtrack and a Digital Artbook.
[INSERT BEAUTYSHOT PREORDER BONUSES]
Check out the Nintendo Switch retail editions of Oddworld: Soulstorm,
now available for pre-order!
[INSERT BEAUTYSHOT DAY ONE]
The Day One Oddition features the game in a collectible metal case.
The Collector’s Oddition consists of:
- A Unique Collector’s Box
- Oddworld: Soulstorm‘s standard edition
- A collectible metal case with 24 cartridge slots
- An exclusive 9-inch (22 cm) silver figurine of Abe, Mudokon hero
- A premium 160-page artbook by Pix’n Love Publishing
- An exclusive Mining Company keychain
- Three art prints
- Ancient Mudokon Tribal stickers
- Abe’s hand tattoo
About Oddworld: Soulstorm
Oddworld: Soulstorm is the bigger, badder, bolder action-adventure platforming new entry to the renowned video game series, and the explosive second installment in the quintology. You play as Abe, the reluctant Mudokon hero whose actions sparked an uprising and now must lead his fellow Mudokons in their fight for freedom against the Magog Cartel and the planet’s ruling power.
Abe will struggle for survival against the planet’s ruling and well-funded power. They are armed with all means of oppression, from propaganda to biological to ruthless deadly force.
Explore massive cinematic scale and 2.9D environments filled with breathtaking visuals. Scavenge for supplies, craft weapons, arm your followers, solve puzzles, and attempt to safely deliver all of Abe’s 1,000+ followers to freedom.
- Explosive Action-Adventure Platformer: Evolving the platforming genre by adding RPG-lite elements with player agency to play as you like, whether aggressively or passively. Pickpocket your enemies, loot lockers, sift through trash cans, and find hidden areas to acquire resources. Exchange resources at vending machines to get products that give you more agency in how you chose to conquer the game’s many challenges. Acquire recipes to craft tools and weapons to use against opposing forces or solve problems. Arm your followers and watch the revolution begin.
- Epicness: This isn’t a traditional 2D side scrolling platformer. Soulstorm is a 2.9D action-adventure platformer with 15 hours of gameplay, and dozens more for achievement hunters and perfectionists. Epic environments with massive scale to explore by going into the world, rather than being limited to the traditional side scrolling platformer sense.
- Start a Revolution: A dark storyline with a twisted sense of humor that shines a light on the ironies that exist in the human condition. As a slave to big business, a cog in the corporate machine being grinded to death, Abe tries to save them all and along the way he goes from a nobody to potentially starting a global revolution.
- Completionists: Can you save every single Mudokon in the game (there are more than 1,000)? Can you achieve the best ending and unlock the final two playable levels? Can you scavenge every trash can and locker, kill or safely apprehend every antagonist, find every hidden area, collect every jelly? 3+m players have had the opportunity to do it…will you be the first to do it on Xbox?
- Multiple Endings: Soulstorm has 15 levels, with two additional unlockable levels at the end of the game. There are 4 types of endings in the game, each depending on your Quarma. At the end of each individual level, you receive a Quarma score, which is based on the number of Mudokons you save. If you succeed in saving enough Mudokons throughout all the levels, you’ll get one of the good endings. But beware: if your Quarma score isn’t high enough, you’ll get a more… dire fate!
Oddworld: Soulstorm is currently available on the Epic Games Store for PC. The physical and digital PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One versions are also already available. The Nintendo Switch version will launch this Fall.
House Flipper – Pets DLC: the much-anticipated addition of rats, new cats, dogs, parrots, and more! All thanks to the Pawsome Update!