ROCKET LEAGUE®’S ‘DROPSHOT’ UPDATE AVAILABLE TODAY
Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, creators of the sports-action hit Rocket League®, announced that its new update including the FREE new Dropshot mode will be available for download later today beginning at 3pm PDT. In addition to the electrifying new mode, the update includes a variety of content including:
- End to ‘Competitive Season 3’ and Wheel rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Start of ‘Competitive Season 4’ with a variety of changes
- New Esports “Live Now” button on the main menu to notify players of official streams
- Spectator camera improvements including a Boost Meter and Rumble Power-up indicator for watchers in Player View
- New speed-themed Turbo Crate with the potential to unlock animated Decals, Exotic Wheels, Black Market customizations and more
- New import Battle-Car Endo, available as a limited-drop inside the Turbo Crate
- Six new Achievements and Trophies
- And more!
To learn more about the update, visit the official Dropshot webpage.
ABOUT ROCKET LEAGUE®
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League® is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of our generation. Boasting a community of more than 29 million players, Rocket League® is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available digitally on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC, Mac, and SteamOS via Steam, Rocket League® includes more than 100 billion possible customization combinations, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely.
To learn more about Rocket League®, please visit www.RocketLeagueGame.com, “Like” it on Facebook, and follow it on Twitter @RocketLeague for all the latest developer updates and news.
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed independent video game developer and leading experts in Unreal Engine technology. For more than a decade, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League®.