Also available on Game Boy
Due to the support of 590 backers and after collecting 667% of its initial goal on Kickstarter, The Shapeshifter has reached its fourth milestone.
With the achievement of this stretch goal, The Shapeshifter will definitely be ported from Game Boy to Nintendo Entertainment System featuring enhanced graphics and soundtrack.
The Shapeshifter is a fantasy adventure coming to Game Boy and Nintendo Entertainment System later this year which will only be available in physical format in a boxed cartridge along with a manual.
The Shapeshifter puts you in the shoes of Elliot, an ordinary person who meets an elf that will grant him the power of becoming the animal he touches. Go through 5 levels and save mankind from an unknown evil!
|All officially released console versions and regions will be supported: NTSC NES, PAL NES, and Famicom with a 72-to-60-pin cartridge adapter (not included). Even, if you have a retro gaming system like a Retron 5 or a Retro Duo, the game will work perfectly.|
The portable version of the game will be fully compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance handhelds. This includes the Analogue portable system and other devices.
The Kickstarter campaign to fund the development and production of The Shapeshifter still has 30 days to end. The next milestone will cover the inclusion of two extra levels for both versions.
The Shapeshifter has been mentioned in more than 100 sites such as Nintendo Life, Pocket Gamer and 20 Minutes, and it has become the most successful Game Boy project on Kickstarter.
- New Game Boy and NES game in cartridge format –including a box and a manual.
- Lead Elliot in a fantasy adventure in which you can turn into the animals you touch and save the elven world from the wizard’s spell.
- Save and load your game.
- More than 4 hours of gameplay.
- Animated pixel-art graphics.
- Music composed by Cesc Mozota and Oscar Latorre.
- Game Boy version compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance handhelds.
- NES version compatible with NTSC NES, PAL NES, and Famicom with a 72-to-60-pin cartridge adapter (not included).
The Amazing American Circus Kickstarter Live