Vodafone Supernet 4G Launched in Pune
Vodafone India, one of India’s leading telecommunication services providers, today announced the launch of its Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G service in Pune. Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G services have now been rolled out in 107 cities and towns in Maharashtra & Goa including Nagpur, Nashik, Vasai, Akola, Chandrapur, Amravati, Latur, Dhule, Malegaon, Goa, Ahmednagar, Nanded, Sangli, Miraj, Kolhapur, Jalgaon etc. and will soon be rolled out across all major towns and cities of Maharashtra by March 2017.
The state-of-the-art network will enable Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G customers to access internet via mobile with speeds across a range of smart devices including Mi-Fi & dongles. Vodafone 4G services can be readily accessed from 4G enabled handsets, offered by leading smartphone manufacturers and available across the country.
Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G Advantage
- Superior network: State of the art 4G LTE network with extensive fibre backhaul
- High Speed downloads/uploads: A fast and seamless mobile internet experience
- Enhances experience: of music, videos, chats, mobile gaming and two-way video calling with faster response time
- Vodafone PLAY: 3-months Free TV, Music, Movies
- International Roaming on 4G across 20 countries
Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G will significantly enhance the mobile internet experience for customers with faster download/upload of videos and music, seamless video chats and will also facilitate greater ease in using their favourite apps. Customers will also adore features like high definition video streaming, mobile gaming and two-way video calling.
Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G service is built on a strong fibre backhaul, a new and modern network. With this launch, Vodafone is now uniquely positioned to offer in Pune, 2G/3G/4G services on its own state of the art, convergent radio technology.
Leveraging its global network and experience, Vodafone also pioneered international roaming on 4G for its India customers visiting in 20 countries including UK, Netherlands, Mauritius, Singapore, Czech Republic, Romania, UAE, Albania, Turkey, Germany, Sri Lanka, Canada, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Australia, Italy, Belgium, Norway, Switzerland with many more countries to be launched in the near future.
Announcing the launch of Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G service in Pune, Ashish Chandra, Business Head – Maharashtra & Goa Circle, Vodafone India said, “Maharashtra is a key market for Vodafone India and as one of the leading telecom service providers our 1.87 crore customers in the circle have a lot to look forward to. We started our 4G journey in Maharashtra from Nagpur and followed it up with launches in 107 cities and towns within a period of 3 months. Vodafone is now expanding its services across the IT, Manufacturing and Education hub of Pune and will be rolled out in other important locations by March 2017. We invite our data savvy customers in the city to make the most of the bonanza of special benefits being offered to enjoy the best mobile internet experience. 4G has the potential to revolutionize the mobile experience through powerful innovation that impacts how we work and live. Vodafone’s global expertise and experience of launching 4G across 20 countries gives us a better understanding of this technology and the needs of the 4G customer. We have received overwhelming response from customers where Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G is already available.”
The Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G launch in Pune follows the successful rollout of services in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata, Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Haryana, UP East, Gujarat, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Goa, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, UP West, A&NE and Punjab. Vodafone SuperNetTM 4G coverage will be available in 2400 towns across the country by March 2017. These 17 circles where Vodafone offers 4G service contribute over 90 percent of Vodafone India’s data revenues.
Vodafone’s customers in Pune have a bonanza of special benefits to enjoy the Vodafone SuperNetTM4G experience seamlessly. This includes:
- FREE SIM upgrade to 4G plus 2GB Data free with every 4G SIM upgrade
- Prepaid Customers enjoy 4 times 4G data on purchase of 1GB pack
- Faster 4G services at 3G prices
- One hour unlimited SuperNet 4G/3G at INR 18
- Array of Data Packs starting from as little as INR 8 for 30 MB
- FREE 3-month access to VODAFONE PLAY – your one stop destination to a world of entertainment – 150+ Live TV channels, over 14,000 movies and TV show titles and a wide range of music of all genres
- 4G Mi-Fi that supports Wi-Fi connectivity for up to 15 devices
- Enhanced customer experience- immediate 4G SIM exchange at multiple touch points
- Enjoy 4G international roaming in 20 countries i.e. UK, Netherlands, Mauritius, Singapore, Czech Republic, Romania, UAE, Albania, Turkey, Germany, SriLanka, Canada, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Australia, Italy, Belgium, Norway, Switzerland and many more countries to be launched in the near future
Seamless customer experience
- Instant SIM swap at all Vodafone stores and select retail outlets
- Vodafone subscribers can also check if their SIM / Phone is 4G compatible by sending an SMS <4GCHECK> to 199
The Maharashtra & Goa circle is a focus and significant growth market for Vodafone India. To cater to the growing volumes of customer usage and their increasing need for speed, the company has invested INR 10,880+ crore till date including INR 248 crore in H1 FY17 to expand, modernize and build a more technology and energy efficient network. Vodafone has a large retail footprint with 940 Vodafone branded stores spread across prominent localities in the circle, making it convenient for customers to access Vodafone’s products and services within their neighbourhood.