Launches new courses in Computer Science & Design, User Experience & Interaction Design, International Fashion Business and Performing Arts to make students future ready
To bridge the gap between the changing job market requirements and the academic curriculum, World University of Design – India’s first and only university dedicated to education in the creative domain, has introduced a bouquet of new niche courses across various creative streams for the academic year 2020-2021. The age of artificial intelligence is coming, and nature of jobs is expected to take a drastic turn. Design industry is one of the fast-moving industries which is undergoing massive transition every day in the digital age. Design has been looked as a vital component of success in the emerging scenario. Thus, the demand for design related courses has significantly increased in recent times.
There are very few educational institutions in India that offer courses in creative domain which perfectly blends theoretical and practical knowledge. World University of Design (WUD) is one such institution offering one of the largest portfolio of design courses in India which includes over 34 cutting-edge programs based on transportation design, product design, game design, film & video, Digital Drawing & Illustration, built environment & habitat studies, design management, art education and curatorial practice among others. Going way beyond traditional offerings, the University is launching 5 new courses across Design, Fashion, Animation and Performing Arts from the upcoming academic session. This update in curriculum is aimed at making the industry professionals ready to face future work challenges.
On the introduction of new courses Sanjay Gupta, Vice Chancellor, World University of Design said, “We at World University of Design are committed to impart best-in-class education to our students while equipping them with superlative industry skills. All the courses at World University of Design are designed on the basis of exhaustive research and insights of industry stalwarts. These courses are aimed at making our students future-ready and we are confident that these new courses will help in bridging the gap between corporate and academia.”
The newly launched industry specific courses are as follows –
- COMPUTER SCIENCE & DESIGN (4-years B. Des) – Over past several years, focus on user experience, Interaction Design and Design Methods in all IT products and services have increased. Thus, demand for professionals in all these spheres has gained momentum. This course is specially curated to develop an interdisciplinary skill set among students and provide them with opportunities across fields such as the arts, entertainment/ gaming, mobile application development, multimedia, product/web design, cyber security, digital analytics and other interactive systems. Under this course there are 4 specializations which include – Games developer, 3D programmer, Web developer and Multimedia programmer.
- USER EXPERIENCE & INTERACTION DESIGN (2-year M. Des) – This master level programme is aimed graduates of traditional streams to prepare them for a human-centered experiences in an interactive digital context. The program focuses on computer technology and usability problems faced by computer users globally; consequently, teaching students the methodologies needed to solve these problems. Emergent technologies will be used to teach students about new design concepts and designing for the future. After completion of this course one can explore a career in the IT industry, business, education, health, media, defence and government as Digital Project Manager, Creative Director, Mobile Application Designer, User Interface Designer and Web developers etc
- FASHION BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (3-Year BBA) – This course focuses on interdisciplinary collaboration and integration of design thinking at all levels of Strategy, Planning and Implementation in the global & local fashion business. Students will engage with digital technologies from the outset and will have the opportunity to build their skills throughout the course. The course will offer opportunities to students for global experience through International study programs. One can tap into the broad range of available career options after this course such as buying, merchandising, marketing, branding, PR, Publishing & Creative Direction etc.
- INTERNATIONAL FASHION BUSINESS (2-Years M.Des) – International Fashion Business program is designed to forge leaders in the global world of the fashion. This master’s program comprises of three main focus areas i.e.
- Fashion knowledge & analysis: Fashion cycle, fashion studies, fashion trend forecasting, analytics, quantitative methods and design thinking
- Data analysis & planning: Digital marketing, Omni channel marketing, data analysis, & strategic planning
- Business application: import/export, domestic retail, overseas commercial development, fashion operations, online and offline distribution
From the placement perspective, students will get employment opportunities in Fashion Design, Fashion Retail, Fashion and/or Luxury Brand Management and Fashion Business Management besides entrepreneurship.
- PERFORMING ARTS – DANCE, MUSIC (4-year BPA, 2-year MPA) – The performing arts industry in India reached INR275 billion in 2018 according to FICCI report. Thus, the need for courses in new age performing arts has gained relevance. This is one of the most unique blends of theoretical and practical curriculum offered by WUD which includes subjects
like Theoretical Surveys, Stage Performance, Appreciation Seminars, Comparative studies. This course can help students in fulfilling their career aspiration while pursuing their hobbies and passions.
About World University of Design
World University of Design (WUD), located in the education hub of Rajiv Gandhi Education City in Sonipat, Haryana, boasts of an unusually large and highly qualified faculty members who have been educated and trained at prestigious institutes such as NIFT, NID, LCF -London, FIT – New York, SPA and Delhi College of Art among others. The university is being shaped and mentored by an illustrious Advisory Board comprising of stalwarts from the field of design such as Neha Kirpal, Veer Munshi, Mr. AG Krishna Menon, Ms. Payal Jain, Mr. Peter D’ascoli, & Mr. Amardeep Behl. In its first year itself, WUD has been recognized as ‘The Most Upcoming University’ by ASSOCHAM India; and Ranked 2nd in the Top 10 Private Universities offering Professional Education at Education World GRAND JURY 2019-20 Awards.
WUD is the youngest university in India to be awarded co-funding under the ERASMUS+ programme of the European Union for the project titled ‘Design ERASMUS+ and Innovation Capacity Building in India’. WUD is also a full member of Cumulus, the international association of universities & colleges of art, design & media that has over 160 member universities in 60 countries. This provides the widest possible access to WUD students to interact and engage with international students on a global scale. WUD has consistently focused on student-learning experience
What we know about PS5 so far? – April Update