Having trouble in playing Counter Strike with friends on LAN (Class C error)?? Can’t play Co-Op games with your friends? Or you simply don’t know how to setup Hamachi and play with friends??
Well the answer to all your above questions are answered in this topic. Just follow the steps and you’ll be able to play with your friends via LAN.
1. You need to know what is and how to setup: LogMeIn-Hamachi.
2. After joining or hosting the network, the host has to right click on network(s) that have joined him and select “Details”. Under the “Settings” tab, you’ll find VPN alias.
3. The VPN alias has to be changed due to different IP range which gives “Class C error” in CounterStrike. For example:
Your friend has IP 184.108.40.206, you have IP 220.127.116.11 => both of you have the same IP range so you won’t have problem with class C error.
Your friend has IP 18.104.22.168, you have IP 22.214.171.124 => both of you have different IP range and you will have problem with class C error.
So changing VPN alias provides solution to above problem. For each network joined to host, the host has to change their VPN aliases matching the IP range of host’s IP address, that is, for eg.
I have created LAN server, my IP is 126.96.36.199 and my friend who want to join my LAN server has IP: 188.8.131.52
His IP has different IP range from my IP, so i need to change VPN alias of his, i.e,
I’ll change his VPN alias into 184.108.40.206
4. Restart LogMeIn-Hamachi.
5. Create LAN game by launching Counter Strike, Choose New Game -> Choose the map -> Set up your server -> Start.
6. Ask another network to Join LAN Game by launching Counter Strike, Choose Find Servers -> LAN -> Select the Name of server that host has created -> Connect.
Remark: This method works for Saints Row The Third Co-op game and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Spec-ops mission. So other LAN games can also be played using this method.
Note: If the above steps doesn’t work for you, turn off or disable your firewall when you play using hamachi. If you are using the Windows firewall, remember to turn it off from the Control Panel.If turning off firewall doesn’t work, try setting exceptions for ‘Half Life Launcher’ from within the firewall program.