APICO Update 3.0: What Lies Beeneath Launches Today on PC
Get ready for an incredible underwater beekeeping adventure! Beloved beekeeping sim APICO’s Update 3.0: What Lies Beeneath is now available on PC! The free new update invites you to dive into the crystal blue ocean waters surrounding the APICO archipelago and explore its depths. New areas, forageables, quests, and of course, new bees are yours to discover deep bee-low the watery abyss.
New features available in the APICO in Update 3.0: What Lies Beeneath include:
- New areas: Dive deep down to the bottom of the ocean and discover a new bee-ome with new areas to explore that include deep-sea flora and fauna, a coral reef system, and more!
- New Bees: Discover, collect, build homes and breed new species of bees found only at the furthest depths of the ocean, and collect their resources for craftables and quests.
- New Quests: Harness the help of your newfound bee friends to restore the damaged coral reef system, and clean up underwater pollution to help the bee-cosystem and its inhabitants thrive.
- New Fishing Mechanic: Skipper’s dad, Captain, arrives at the archipelago to teach you the ins and outs of a new mechanic — fishing!
- And More: New quality-of-life improvements, including a newly added trash can and nearby chest auto-deposit, will help your beekeeping bee-come more efficient than ever!
APICO combines resource gathering, biology, and minigames with ideas from both real-life and fantasy beekeeping and gardening, as it teaches players about the ins and outs of maintaining a healthy hive and the importance of our irreplaceable pollinating pals. The islands of APICO were once abuzz with different species of bees, and it’s up to players to rediscover lost species, cross-breed new ones, and repopulate each unique bee-ome. Progressing further into the game may also uncover some forgotten secrets.
As well, a portion of the games’ profits goes toward bee conservation. Full details about these efforts can be found here: https://tngineers.com/charity.
Features of APICO include:
- Play together with up to four in online co-op, with cross-play available on all platforms!
- Unique crafting and beekeeping minigames that drive gameplay progression.
- Cross-breed different bees and other pollinators, including butterflies, moths, and solitary bees, to discover over 30 new species.
- Grow flowers — each with their own special effect on the environment — to keep your pollinators happy!
- Make and sell honey, Apicola, incense, candles, and other beekeeping products.
- Repopulate lost species and release them back into the wild.
- Multiple biomes to explore, each with its own unique pollinator species.
- A chill soundtrack by Mothense creates a relaxing atmosphere.
- Uncover the forgotten secrets of the APICO Islands.
APICO Update 3.0: What Lies Beeneath is now available for free with the purchase of the base game on PC via Steam and itch.io.