- Tap into your inner competitor with new Multiplayer Maps, the launch of Massive Resurgence, the return of Plunder and Gunfight, and the debut of familiar rivals at season launch
- Prepare for Warzone Ranked Play and more during the Season
It’s Anyone’s Game in Season 03
The world of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is in chaos with a global power struggle playing out in plain sight.
Task Force 141 is deep into the deadly border region between Urzikstan and Al Mazrah, uncovering an intercontinental ballistic missile primed for launch. South of the border in Al Mazrah, the group responsible for downing a plane over the DZ is still at large, as intel reports there is a new Blacksite and a mysterious biolab within the region. Meanwhile, the dangerous conflict in DMZ is about to reach a new level, as Legion, White Lotus, Black Mous, Crown, and a mysterious newcomer are in a deadlock for control over important strategic areas within Al Mazrah and Ashika Island — and over the secrets within Building 21.
And with Alejandro and Valeria now back in play, only one thing is for certain: It’s Anyone’s Game.
This is Season 03 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, launching from April 13 across all platforms. During this season, you can expect the return of Gunfight and Plunder, additional features such as the Barter System in DMZ, a legendary Sniper Rifle now under a new manufacturer, the launch of Warzone Ranked Play, and a new way to dominate the Battle Pass AO by joining the ranks of the exclusive BlackCell.
Season 03 of Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0 will launch on April 13 at 1 AM GMT+8. This seasonal update will be available to download on April 11 at 1 AM GMT+8, with Patch Notes to come between the update download and the season’s launch.
MODERN WARFARE II OVERVIEW
- Get Your Duo. Gunfight is back with four maps, including the new Warzone 2.0 Gulag Blacksite and fan favorite Shipment. Prepare to prove you are the dominant duo in this four-player, duo-against-duo game mode where random Loadouts and small cage-match-style maps dictate tactical and fast-paced combat.
Alley: Somewhere in the Al Mazrah region, a small marketplace is cleared out as strike teams prepare to go in, weapons hot.
Blacksite: A training ground for Operators wanting to return to the warzone. Its location is classified.
Shipment: The OG since 2007; get your sea legs as soon as the timer hits zero, lest you get thrown overboard.
- Three 6v6 Maps, Two Battle Map Locales. Ship out to Spain for the new map Pelayo’s Lighthouse, go dark with the nighttime map Black Gold, and stay tuned for another Core Map to round out a trio of new Multiplayer locales later this season. Also: two new Battle Maps for Ground War and Invasion.
Pelayo’s Lighthouse (Core Map, Launch): As rain pounds the cliffs of this small, craggy island, a lighthouse offers guidance to passing ships in the night.
Black Gold (Core Map, Launch): Operators will have to use their night vision goggles, equip thermal optics, or use the available light sources to their advantage to secure victory in this critical strategic location based on the Rohan Oil section of Al Mazrah.
Rohan Oil (Battle Map, Launch): Rohan Oil widens the combat arena across this Warzone 2.0 point of interest and shifts into daytime, allowing for plenty of air and land vehicles to barrel past refinery silos toward objectives.
Sattiq Cave Complex (Battle Map, Launch): South of Rohan Oil, the Sattiq Cave Complex provides an interesting mix of verticality, small building skirmishes, and interior combat via its intricate cave network.
- New Multiplayer Ranked Play Rewards. Ranked Play grinders and Call of Duty League hopefuls will have all-new rewards to earn at the start of Season 03.
- Win 5 Ranked Matches: Season 03 Competitor Sticker
- Win 10 Ranked Matches: Pro Issue TAQ-56 Weapon Blueprint
- Win 25 Ranked Matches: “Top Dog” Weapon Charm
- Win 50 Ranked Matches: “Tippable” Weapon Vinyl
- Win 75 Ranked Matches: Ranked Play Season 03 Loading Screen
- Win 100 Ranked Matches: Season 03 Ranked Play Veteran Camo
- Skill Division Operator Skins and cosmetics for having a season-high placement within the Gold Division or above, with special rewards for the Top 250 and No. 1 player in the world at the end of the season
For more information on Ranked Play, check out our extensive guide on it here.
- New Special Ops. Later this season, outlast waves of enemy reinforcements in the Defender: Hafid Port Special Ops mission; then prepare for a new Raid Episode.
Special Ops will see a major content update at mid-season in the form of a new mission and a new Raid episode. This new mission will see Operators take on the Las Almas Cartel somewhere in Al Mazrah in an all-out fight for survival and is sure to help you boost that Special Ops Stars count.
WARZONE 2.0 OVERVIEW
- Massive Resurgence Eminent. At launch, up to 150 players can drop in for Resurgence across Al Mazrah. Expect chaos (and plenty of XP)!
- Prepare to Plunder Once More. The team-based, respawn-enabled mad dash for cash is back during Season 03. Time to level up those Loadouts and get rich — or die trying.
- A Host of Additional New Features In-Season. Redeploy Drones reach Al Mazrah; protect yourself with Tempered Plate Carriers; get Perk Packages (in-season); UAV Towers appear in Battle Royale; and more.
Flying over from Ashika Island, the Redeploy Drones will provide a fast way to travel around the map, outside of the train and wide selection of air, sea, and land vehicles.
- DMZ Reaches a New Level. Bring and buy items with the new Barter System; take on a new contract and additional missions from the new faction; and tinker on your Contraband workbench before facing off against two new bosses.
For a nominal Cash fee, the Workbench allows an Operator to add attachments they have unlocked for the Contraband’s weapon platform onto a piece of Contraband or remove them piece by piece.
- Ranked Play Arrives at Mid-Season. Assemble the trio and prepare for the road to the Top 250. The much-anticipated experience will be the proving ground for all Warzone competitors.
- The World Series of Warzone 2023. This year’s international tournament will have a USD 1 million prize pool to crown the world’s best Trio at the in-person Global Final in September. This year, expect a few new regions….
Check out the World Series of Warzone 2023 full ruleset.
- Alejandro and Valeria Arrive. The admirable Alejandro and El Sin Nombre herself are ready to deploy in Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0 online modes with purchase of the Battle Pass.
Alejandro Vargas: “The only thing that can kill Alejandro, is Alejandro…”
Valeria Garza: Also known as El Sin Nombre, with her true identity unknown to most in the Modern Warfare II universe, Valeria is a ruthless and cunning Operator who is unafraid to get her hands dirty and is always calm under intense pressure.
- Prepare for Long-Range Interventions. A Legendary Sniper Rifle is back — react accordingly. It joins a brand-new Battle Rifle in the Battle Pass, as well as other weapons arriving in-season.
FJX Imperium (Sniper Rifle — Launch, Battle Pass): Engineered destruction at its finest, this anti-personnel, bolt-action sniper rifle intervenes in tense situations with hard-hitting .408 rounds.
Cronen Squall (Battle Rifle — Launch, Battle Pass): A bullpup, semi-automatic rifle chambered in 6.8 Wrath and designed for distance shooting and exceptional damage output.
- Enter BlackCell: An Exciting New Offering. A new Operator and exclusive items are available at Season 03’s launch as part of the new Battle Pass. As part of this $29.99 MSRP offering, BlackCell will include over 7,000 COD Points of value. Here’s what to expect:
- Access to the full Season 03 Battle Pass and 20 Tier Skips (25 on PlayStation).
- 1,100 COD Points instantly awarded.
- Up to 1,400 COD Points awarded throughout the Battle Pass.
- A BlackCell Operator, attired in an imposing animated Camo skin.
- A Pro-Tuned Weapon Blueprint, Vehicle Skin, and Finishing Move.
- An exclusive BlackCell Sector within the Battle Pass AO serves as an alternative starting location.
- Immediate unlocking of adjacent Battle Pass Sectors to the BlackCell Sector.
- Additional, BlackCell-only Battle Pass content: Every Season 03 Battle Pass Sector with an Operator Skin has a BlackCell variant (12 Skins in total) to unlock.
- Introducing Recruit a Friend. Available in most regions, you and your friends can get Weapon Blueprints, XP Tokens, and more by welcoming newcomers to Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0.
Recruits and recruiters can earn some great rewards for completing simple challenges together, including two Weapon Blueprints — one Akimbo Sidearm Blueprint and another one for the Assault Rifle class — and Double XP Tokens, Calling Cards, and more.
NOTE: This Program is not available in Austria, Argentina, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, and the Philippines.
- New Prestige Levels, Challenges. At the start of Season 03, the Prestige Rank cap will be increased to Prestige 13, with the level cap increased to 650. Specifically, players can unlock the following new Prestige Ranks, which come with a new icon beside their name:
- Prestige 10: Unlocked at Level 500.
- Prestige 11: Unlocked at Level 550.
- Prestige 12: Unlocked at Level 600.
- Prestige 13: Unlocked at Level 650 — this is the maximum level that can be achieved in Season 03.
Each Prestige Rank also unlocks a new set of Challenges. Complete these to earn new Calling Cards, including Animated Calling Cards for completing full sets of Challenges.
- Discord Integration (PC). In Season 03, Beenox will be integrating Discord within Call of Duty for PC players, starting with Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0. Expect more information to come in the official Patch Notes next week.
Overwatch 2 Season Four brings a new hero, new skins, and new out-of-this world adventures!