NOSTALGIC HORROR DAYMARE: 1994 SANDCASTLE CREEPS ONTO STEAM NEXT FEST LINEUP
Publisher Leonardo Interactive and developer Invader Studios have announced that story-driven, survival horror prequel Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle will release a free demo as part of the Steam Next Fest celebration from February 21 to February 28. Set before the events of the critically acclaimed Daymare: 1998, the game follows special agent Dalila Reyes, a former government spy now in service of H.A.D.E.S. (Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search), as she explores the ominous, labyrinthine depths of the most advanced experimental research center in the United States of America.
The Steam demo will immerse you in a survival horror like you’ve never experienced before! Prepare to be transported back in time where you will discover the beginning of this terrifying journey and the mysterious connections that ties this prequel to Daymare: 1998. Explore some of Daymare’s most iconic and captivating locations as you reveal the horror hidden in the most secretive military research centre in the USA. Go deeper into increasingly crazy, macabre and hellish environments and take on the ferocious Decoys, the deadly creatures that stand in your way.
Survive a relentless and terrifying hunt using the innovative crowd control mechanics linked to one of the most innovative and original weapons ever, the Frost Grip. But remember, adopting the same strategy will not be enough to survive your mission. Watch your back and don’t take anything for granted. In Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle, no place is safe.
Blood-curdling nightmares lie in wait, howling for a chance to tear flesh from bone. Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle will launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam later this year.
“Like its predecessor, Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle is a tribute to iconic 90s horror entertainment,” says Daniele Falcone, Team Coordinator at Leonardo Interactive. “The prequel will improve upon Daymare: 1998 in nearly every way with stunning character animations, breathtaking cutscenes, and meticulously crafted boss encounters that require experimentation and strategy. Prepare to witness your favourite old school zombie flicks and video games be brought back to life.”
“After months of silence and a lot of work, and thanks to the support of Leonardo Interactive, we are happy to finally be able to dare a taste of our new title.” says the Invader Studios team. “With Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle we want to evolve what we presented with Daymare: 1998 and make action-horror lovers live a completely new experience… but with a nostalgic 90’s flavour, as we like to say!”
In Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle, horror fans will wield the most technologically advanced weaponry known to man to exterminate the research centre’s disturbing creatures and uncover its secrets. Disintegrate fierce and intelligent monstrosities with military devices like the liquid nitrogen-blasting Frost Grip, solve engaging environmental puzzles, and carefully manage inventory while a haunting soundtrack reverberates the compound’s desolate halls. Face Dalila’s fears… or succumb to madness.
- New characters and big comebacks: Take part in the top secret “Sandcastle” mission as the game’s main protagonist, Special Agent H.A.D.E.S. Dalila Reyes, and reconstruct the past of some of Daymare: 1998’s most beloved characters.
- Lethal and terrifying enemies: Fight, kill and dismember the enemies that stand between you and your mission. Beware – these enemies are frighteningly intelligent, aggressive and realistic in every detail.
- Revamped interface: The D.I.D. is back, though in a completely redesigned way. Manage your inventory, ammo and health items directly from the new, intuitive game interface.
- Eye to the scanner: Thanks to the innovative device installed on Reyes’s arm, you can analyse portions of the environment and reveal new puzzles to solve, pick up secret documents and detect hidden items!
- Environmental puzzles: The solution is often right in front of your eyes! Search for clues and overcome the environmental obstacles to obtain resources and collectibles.
- Are you sure it’s dead?: Prepare to confront the toughest and most aggressive enemies you have ever seen. Even if you’re sure you’ve killed one, you’ll find out it can come back in a completely new form and be even deadlier than before!
- Breathtaking graphics, sound effects and soundtrack: Thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4, you will live the most terrifying of experiences!
- Back to the 90s… again!: If you loved the nostalgia of Daymare: 1998, then Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle will feel like you’re living and playing an action horror/film from the 90s with familiar references and a frightfully authentic atmosphere with a retro flavour.
- Freeze!: There will certainly be no shortage of guns, but be prepared to equip one of the most innovative and powerful weapons ever created: the Frost Grip! WARNING: it may contain liquid nitrogen.
- Veteran or rookie: Choose the most appropriate game difficulty based on your ability in combat and your experience with survival horror games. Either way, it will be a serious challenge and not for the faint-hearted!