RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures – All-New Entry in the Iconic Theme Park Management Series, Coming Soon to Nintendo Switch
Atari®, one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers, today announced that RollerCoaster Tycoon® Adventures will be available for Nintendo Switch in select European territories on November 29, 2018 and in North America on December 13, 2018. As Atari’s first Nintendo Switch game, RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures brings the legendary RollerCoaster Tycoon® series into the next generation — combining classic RollerCoaster Tycoon gameplay with brand-new twists, all customized for Nintendo’s unique console. Bigben is the distribution partner in Europe and AtGames is the distribution partner in North America.
“This announcement illustrates our strategy,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “It highlights our overall corporate plan – first our ability to produce high-quality games, second to outsource some segments of the value chain to key industry players, and lastly, it keeps us on track to reach our objective of profitable growth for the current financial year.”
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is the latest entry in one of the best-selling and most cherished franchises in PC gaming history. RollerCoaster Tycoonwas created by legendary game developer Chris Sawyer and first released on Windows PC in 1999. The series quickly became a fan favorite for gamers. Nvizzio Creations, developer of the critically acclaimed mobile title RollerCoaster Tycoon® Touch™, returns as the developer of RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures, bringing an exciting and accessible new twist to the world of RollerCoaster Tycoon.
To view the RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures trailer, visit:
In RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures, players have three distinct game modes to build their entertainment empire — Adventure Mode (a spin on the classic Campaign mode), tricky Scenarios and the open Sandbox. Over 120 wonderfully wacky rides, restaurants, and shops ensure parks burst with eye-catching action, and the intuitive coaster builder lets players create wild, death-defying coasters with ease. Four unique themed environments, along with water and terraforming options, ensure every park is distinct and exciting. A streamlined simulation and game economy allow players of all ages and skill levels to build the park of their dreams. Play it on your TV or on-the-go — becoming a RollerCoaster Tycoon has never been easier!
Key Features include:
- Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes – Adventure, Scenario, and Sandbox
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A first for the RollerCoaster Tycoonseries, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a compelling new Tycoon story
- Customize and Personalize Your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller coasters, shops, and restaurants. Transform your park by adding a pre-made path, foliage, and river tiles. Build your incredible parks in one of four distinctive locations — Alpine, Moon, Canyon, and Tropics!
- Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park — Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator
- Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry into the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise and a perfect fit for Nintendo Switch
- Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants, and shops for your park — from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop — all featuring advanced shaders and effects
- Gameplay Flexibility: Use either Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ controllers or touchscreen controls to play the way you want. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures runs at 1080p when in TV mode and 720p in handheld mode