STRATEGY WONDER THE BATTLE OF POLYTOPIA OUT NOW ON SWITCH ALONGSIDE FREE DEMO
Independent developer Midjiwan AB has announced that its turn-based 4x strategy sensation The Battle of Polytopia is now available on Nintendo Switch™. A free demo that includes four tribes – Xin-Xi, Imperius, Bardur and Oumaji – is also out now. Download the demo today and play as long as you wish without making in-game purchases.
The Battle of Polytopia on Nintendo Switch includes all main tribes currently available in the game’s Steam, App Store, and Google Play versions, plus joystick and touchscreen functionality. It marks the first time the superhit, which has been downloaded over 16 million times across other platforms, is available on home consoles.
Get a closer look at The Battle of Polytopia on Nintendo Switch with today’s launch trailer:
Known for its strategic depth, simple interface and visually distinct art style, The Battle of Polytopia has players become rulers of one of 12 tribes, each with their own unique characteristics and technologies. Study, learn, and fight against other tribes to secure your civilization’s right to exist in a cute but deadly alien world.
“The Battle of Polytopia has proven to be a dynamic and ever-changing haven for strategy lovers everywhere,” says Christian Lovstedt, GM at Midjiwan AB. “We’re excited to welcome Nintendo Switch owners to all the depth and complexity the game has to offer.”
A complete list of features found in The Battle of Polytopia on Nintendo Switch are below:
* 4x (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate).
* Exploration, strategy, farming, building, warfare and technology research.
* All 12 Regular Tribes: Xin-Xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk.
* Three game modes – Perfection, Domination and Creative.
* Mirror Matches (meet opponents with the same tribe).
* Configurable map types – Dryland, Lake, Continents, Archipelago and Water World.
* Wide range of different tribes with unique natures, cultures and game experiences.
* Auto generated maps make each game a new experience.
* Offline game play.
* Pass & Play.
* Really cute low poly graphics.
The Battle of Polytopia is now available on Nintendo Switch for $14.99. A Deluxe Edition that includes the base game and all special tribes (Aquarion, Elyrion, Polaris and Cymanti) is also available for $31.99. A free demo is also available and includes four tribes: Xin-Xi, Imperius, Bardur and Oumaji. Players may enjoy the demo as long as they wish without making any purchases.