Kerbal Space Program Creator Brings Up Latest Launch Following Successful Open Beta
Following a 4 week open beta which saw over nine thousand pilots shape their dream balsa models and take to the skies, Felipe “HarvesteR” Falanghe, creator and lead developer of the original Kerbal Space Program, is soaring into the troposphere as Balsa Model Flight Simulator from Floating Origin Interactive takes flight on Steam Early Access from today.
BMFS is designed to offer something truly unique in the flight sim category and takes the next step in player-built flight simulation games with its detailed, powerful editor where players can design, build, fly and battle their own model aircraft, delivering an entirely new, multi-genre experience for virtual pilots of all skill levels.
“I was really nervous about launching such an extended Beta test for Balsa but really wanted to get back to that feeling of creating a game with the community from the very beginning” commented Falanghe “It has been an amazing few weeks for us to finally have a version of the game in the hands of fans, and their feedback has been amazing! So much so we’ve decided to bring up our schedule a little and we’re so excited to officially launch the game for sale via Steam Early Access.”
Falanghe concluded “We really wanted to make sure we were launching a game with the absolute best foundation before we put it into Early Access, just like we did with Kerbal Space Program 10 years ago, and the players so far have really made it a joy to get the game to this stage. Can’t wait to see what happens over the coming weeks and months”
1. In-game Vehicle Editor – Build anything you can imagine using parts that snap together in a hands-on, intuitive way. Plus paint and apply decals to your vehicles to make them completely your own.
2. Advanced Physics-Based Flight Model – Every design decision counts, as Balsa’s aerodynamics account for even the tiniest changes to your model’s geometry.
3. Single Player Career mode – Tackle a range of challenges and build up your reputation as the greatest RC pilot ever!
4. Free-Flight Sandbox mode – Hone your skills, tweak your designs, or just enjoy the experience of flying.
5. Paintball Combat – Create and take your aerial combat machine up against other players and AI in model-scale paintball dogfights.
6. Moddable to Extremes – Designed from the ground up to support modding. Players are able to add custom content inc. everything from new planes and parts to maps and modes.
7. Steam Workshop Enabled – Share your designs, missions and mods in the Steam Workshop, and subscribe to an endlessly-expanding collection of player-made creations.
8. Fully supported multiplayer – Up to 16 virtual pilots.
9. A fully featured Scenario Editor – Create your own Missions and Game