Fulqrum Publishing and Kalla Gameworks today announce that the story-driven, sci-fi grand strategy title The Pegasus Expedition will leave Early Access for a full release on PC via Steam, GOG.com and Epic Games Store on June 20, complete with a brand new scenario and gameplay improvements. It will remain priced at 19,99 € / £16.99, but will be available with a 15% discount at launch.
The new scenario, entitled The Purge, introduces a dark twist to the 4X title, giving players the opportunity to take control of the alien Biomass faction – a deadly bio weapon engineered by an incredibly advanced alien race – in a bid to purge the galaxy of all life. The Purge is the fifth alternate scenario added to the game, further complementing the expansive and rewarding main campaign.
At launch, the game will also see further improvements to the AI and diplomacy systems, in addition to general polish and bug fixes, building upon the regular content updates that were issued during the successful eight-month Early Access period. These included four new varied scenarios, further bolstering the game’s substantial initial content offering, each of which added fresh ways to explore the galaxy, alongside a whole host of new features, polish and quality of life changes.
“We are excited and at the same time anxious to be releasing the full game soon. The Pegasus Expedition has been the first project for our small team at Kalla Gameworks and in many ways, we’ve grown along with the game.” said Jaakko Vesterinen, Narrative Director, Kalla Gameworks. “We would like to thank everyone for all their suggestions, constructive criticism and general encouragement, and we hope you come visit the Pegasus Galaxy with us!“
The Pegasus Expedition is a story-driven sci-fi grand strategy game set in a key moment for humankind’s survival. Facing an overwhelming threat at home, humanity sends an expedition to the Pegasus Galaxy in a desperate final attempt to find a refuge for the population of Earth, only to find themselves in the middle of an interstellar war they inadvertently started.
Building on the legacy of the grand strategy genre, the game adds a strong narrative side to the classic 4X-gameplay which involves managing your diplomatic ties, armies, economy and scientific development.
The Pegasus Expedition Key Features
- Immense handcrafted world – a replayable campaign set in a rich, vast world.
- Conflict and tragedy – experience a deep storyline, where no-one is perfect and ends will often have to justify the means.
- Choose to be the leader you wish to be – face difficult moral choices in difficult times, and suffer their consequences.
- Rewarding gameplay experience – versatile 4X gameplay with many different approaches to various challenges the campaign presents.
- Meaningful diplomacy – a diverse and versatile system with over 30 independent factions in the galaxy.
- Planning-based combat – manage your warfronts’ bigger picture, and weigh which losses you’re willing to take for success.
The Pegasus Expedition is now available in Early Access via Steam, GOG.com and Epic Games Store and will see a full launch on June 20.
For more information, visit the official Fulqrum Publishing website or follow on Facebook, Twitter and/or Steam, or follow The Pegasus Expedition on Twitter.